In the last post I wrote about the importance of diet and cancer treatment. I wanted to include a basic diet that could be used if your dog has cancer . In Chinese medicine, cancer is considered a form of stagnant, toxic heat. The principles involve using foods to clear heat and relieve stagnation.
The Basic Diet
- 1 lb. Salmon, Mackerel , Tuna, Catfish, Halibut (boiled, baked or fried in olive oil)
- 3 oz of chicken liver or gizzard
- 4 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Whole sweet potato baked with skin then cut up
- 1 cup Spinach (cooked)
- 2 tomatoes (canned, whole or chopped)
- 2 Sardines
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp dry, yellow mustard , 1/4 tsp tumeric, 1/2 tsp cod liver oil
You can mix all this together and serve or put in a food processor if you desire.
- 1lb ground chicken (fat drained)
- 2 sweet potatoes or 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup liver (cooked)
- 4.5 Tablespoon Safflower/Olive oil mixture( can use Sunflower Oil if necessary)
Mix together and serve. Alternatively, you can mix the ingredients together in a stew.
To both these diets, you need to add the following before serving:
- 1000mg of calcium
- Kelp-powdered or in pieces at least 500mg
- A multi-vitamin supplement from your veterinarian
- Fish Oil supplement--Omega 3 or Wild salmon oil--usually 3 capsules
- Probiotic source--usually 1 capsule daily-1/2 if a small dog
These are basic diets. How about amounts-- A 10 lb dog 1 to 1-1/2 cups daily, 11 to 20 lbs 2 to 3 cups, up to 40 lbs 4cups, over that add about 2 cup per 20lbs. I add fruits and veggies to these diets depending on the cancer. Lots of colourful foods like blueberries and cantalope are great for support.�?ндек�? метрика как пользовать�?�?